Giuliani Talks Santorum, Gay Marriage

by Stephen H. Miller on February 25, 2012

Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani says the GOP’s stance on gay marriage makes it look like it “doesn’t understand the modern world,” in an interview with CNN. You think?

{ 9 comments }

Jorge February 27, 2012 at 8:38 am

It cuts off mid-sentence on the topic in question.

That’s not really helpful.

John D February 27, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Is Giuliani in favor of same-sex marriage again? Oh that’s right… he’s not currently in the running to be the Republican Presidential nominee. It’s so hard to keep up with him.

Jorge February 28, 2012 at 8:13 am

That, too.

TomJeffersonIII February 28, 2012 at 9:30 am

Giuliani was willing to support some gay rights legislation while in the Big Apple, when he was in the GOP primary he seemed to sing a slightly different tune. This seems to happened quite often with ‘moderate’ Republicans.

Again, I spent time looking over all of the Republican Presidential candidates and Fred Karger seems to be the sanest of the bunch. Heck, the man is openly gay and Jewish.

Doug February 28, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Was that the ‘pro gay’ Giuliana, the ‘anti gay’ Giuliana or the ‘crossdressing’ Giuliana who gave that interview?

mike February 29, 2012 at 2:58 pm

There are so many reasons why gay Marriage should not be permitted, but here are a couple of videos that really explain the issues that need to be understood. If I’m paying for health care I don’t want the government promoting a unhealthy life style.

Jorge February 29, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Get a clue. Being monogamous, including in a committed marriage, helps to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS. We should be promoting gay marriage, including through the government, as a public health issue for the benefit of gays.

Houndentenor February 29, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Straight people are monogamous in their marriages (see: Gingrich, Giuliani, et al.). I don’t know why we would assume that gay people would either. However, I do think it would bring added stability for couples who do have a commitment to each other.

Houndentenor February 29, 2012 at 11:03 pm

okay, wait a minute. No, Giuliani is not perfect on gay issues. Few politicians are. But he was pretty good and as good, and often better, than most Democrats. I have my own issues with Rudy (he was my mayor for 8 years), but I don’t think anyone can accuse him of being anti-gay. He lived with a gay couple after his then wife Donna Hanover kicked him out of Gracie Mansion for flaunting one of his affairs (with his now-wife) all over NYC. In fact, that’s whose home he went “home” to at the end of 9/11/2001.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: